Acne on the back, or bacne, is a problem that many men suffer from. It can appear at any age, although it is more frequent in adolescence due to the hormonal changes we go through at that age.
What is acne?
Acne is a cutaneous manifestation that appears when sebum and dead skin cells block the follicles, causing outbreaks of inflammation. Just as it occurs in other areas of the body, one of the most common and most serious manifestations occurs on the back, as it is an area where we tend to sweat a lot.
What causes acne on the back?
We know, the appearance of pimples on the back is very annoying, and can cause great pain and even scarring. It can be due to several factors:
- Genetics. Genetics plays an important role in the development of this problem. If one of the parents suffers from acne, it is more likely that we will suffer from it.
- Hormonal changes. These changes can lead to overproduction of sebum, favoring the appearance of acne.
- Stress or bad habits. As we know, the bad habits we acquire, such as poor diet or lack of exercise, are always manifested in our body, and this is one of the ways in which they can appear.
- Other factors that can increase the possibility of acne on the back are: pollution, high levels of humidity, tight clothes, spending long hours sitting or not showering immediately after exercising or sweating.
How to avoid back acne?
These tricks can help you avoid the appearance of acne on your back:
- Use a PH neutral soap that does not destabilize the pH of your skin.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and whenever possible, keep your back uncovered.
- Shower after exercising or sweating excessively so as not to produce excess sebum.
- Exfoliate your skin. This step is very important, but it must be done carefully and taking into account the skin type of each person, if we have a sensitive skin type we should do it less frequently and using less aggressive products.
- Apply daily a moisturizing cream of fast absorption.
- Take a shower with lukewarm water.
- Watch your diet and avoid eating large amounts of sugars.
- In case you are going to sunbathe, always apply a sunscreen cream, but one that is specific to prevent acne, that is to say, one that is oil-free, an oil-free moisturzer.
- It is important to know ourselves and know what type of skin we have and what works best for us. Therefore, if we know that we have a skin with a greater tendency to acne or to suffer alterations, we should be more cautious and take care of it more than usual.
Don't know what your skin type is? Take our free skin test 👈