Acne occurs when there is an overproduction of sebum from the sebaceous glands of the skin, clogging the pores and causing the appearance of pimples or blackheads.
In the case of adolescents, this occurs due to hormonal changes , in others In some cases, factors such as genetics or habits eating play a role important in the appearance of acne .
And in the case of which we are going to talk here , the The appearance of acne is due to exercise . This is so common that it is called as mechanical acne and is due to excess of sweat < / strong> and the friction of the body with clothing or elements such as caps or backpacks (cycling, mountaineering, crossfit, ...).
There are some tricks you can put into practice to avoid the appearance of this type of acne:
- Bet on natural fabrics. In the article Do your clothes give you acne? The best (most breathable) fabrics for the skin we talked about which are the best and most breathable fabrics for people with body acne. Take a look.
- Wear clothing loose fitting to avoid chafing and absorption of sweat.
- Keep your face and body always clean and hydrated.
And always remember to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Immediately after doing exercise take a bath of water warm to remove sweat and leave the skin clean. Also remember to put on clean clothes after you shower.
- Change daily the towel of sports and if possible, also the clothes that you are going to use to train.
- During the training use a towel, preferably cotton , to < strong> remove sweat .